BIQU B1 by BigTreeTech - This things neat

That soudns about right. So I went back in and reset everything back to 0 and started over. Now it’s printnig and the first layer looks consistent all the way around. Happy accident or I actually got it right!

ahh thats great. looks like you’re off to the races

Hopefully! A little more fine tuning should have it. Then again, the littel bird on my shoudler is saying, ‘leave it be, leave it be…’.,

1 Like

@chris
So put these parts on and they seem to be working but 2 things. The B1 already had an all metal heat break, isn’t supposed to and? and also what did you guys do with the part cooling duct part? I’ll have to make a new one because the new parts are bulkier and hit the duct

The B 1 saga continues. Installed the BL Touch a few weeks ago and have yet to get it to work. But moreso I’m beginning to think there’s a poltergeist with a wicked sense of humor living inside the base. The noise continues when turning the machine on yet when turned it on its side to take off the plate to see which fan, if either, was having problems, the noise stopped completey and it ran as smooth and silent as when I first got it. Then when put back togther and upright, the noise is back. The saving grace is that when the hand-leveling is done right, the prints are amazing.

The fans are indeed not very good. Whats happening with your BL Touch? Thought you had it sorted

I’m running into the same thing. Of the three I have (others being an Ender 3 V2, CR10 S Pro V2) this one has been and continues to be the the most troublesome. It was working great the first week or so and then things started going south very quickly. Right now I have the hot end off and need to again bust off another apparent leak. It was working OK, aside from noises inside the base and the BL Touch not working, then I swtiched filamants, started the print and ended up with a glob that has completely covered the nozzle. When it works, the prints are great. And like you, I would really like to love this thing. But it’s making that very difficult. In retropsepct I wish I’d gotten another Ender 3 V2.

Hi Gelnn,
The prniter’s been pretty doing well in regard to prodcuing good prints, aside from the noises and the massive glob of PLA covering the nozzle that I saw today. But I cannot figure out how to get the BL T to work like it should. I fired it up earlier today and did a very deliberate manual bed-level (after cleanig it all up again and installing a new Capricorn tube) thinking the whole time if I’m doing this then why did I buy the BLT). Then I let the BLT go through its cycle. When it completed it was in the upper-right-hand corner of the bed. The print was activated and when it ran its initial bead the nozzle was completely off the left side of the build plate and made an interesting grininding noise until I was able to hit stop. So I disabled the BLT, reset the printer back to default everything and shut it down. After a slow ten-count started it back up. No fan noise, nothing, like it should be. Once warmed up, did anohter very deliberate manual-level and when it started to print the initial bead went up and down the left side of the bed as it should and so far the print is coming out very nice. Obviously I’m doing something wrong with the BLT and need to stick with it till I figure it out.
Les

On my BLT it would fail its startup test and the firmware would turn abl off with no indication so I spent some time not realizing it. Pj made a suggestion that the probe was bent or otherwise jammed with debris after I discovered that the probe fails its test when the pin failes to come down. And that seems to be the case, the pin is not extending on time. I took it apart and the pin seemed straight and there was nothing inside but its been ok the last 2 prints.
I want it 100% reliable before adding firmware that uses the probe and eliminates the z home switch.

I reinstalled everything and the probe seems to be working fine. It depolys and stows per the test. However there’s a consistent message teling me the autoleveling enabling failed, or something like that. So even after a very deliberate manual-leveling, followed by the BLT leveling, the nozzle is millimeters off the bed. Now it sounds as if both fans in the base are having trouble getting started.

Is the bl touch flashing? There’s a slow and fast pace to the flashes that mean different things.

I did not know that, thanks! I’ll check that once the current print is completed.

Here is the manual for the BL touch v3.1 it has the timings listed for everything it does.

1 Like

Thank you Glenn, much appreciated!
Les

Wilhelm02, I had a couple of noisy fans I had to replace as well. I had tightened them up when I replaced them, and one of them started making noise too. I was able to get rid of the noise by loosening the screws just a bit. Sounds like the fan shroud may be bending if tightened too much. Give that a try.

For the ABL enabling error message. Have you done a factory reset on the printer? I did one on mine for some problems I was experiencing as a last resort, and I am getting the same message even though I do not have a BL touch installed. Not only that but now my hotend LEDs do not come on any more, and the PID function also generates an error message. No matter what I have tried so far, I am unable to fix these problems.

Hi! Truth be told, I have given up on the BL Touch. I spent lots of hours watching videos and reading blogs and no matter what I did, the end result was always the same, either incomplee bed leveling becuase of the error message or failed prints. So I’m doing the leveling by hand using a business card (read that in one of the blogs) and am having much better success. It’s a vey difficult printer to level with the center of the build plate always being much closer to the nozzle than the corners. But when done right, the prints are consistently amazing. And that has kept it from being boxed up and stuffed into the closet.

They make an interesting mournful sound when first starting up the printer and it takes a while for them to settle down. I will try what you suggest becuase it does sound as if there’s somthing keeping them from physically spinning freely. That may explain why when turned on its side to take off the plate, they’re as quiet a they were when I first got it.
Thank you!
Les

My pid autotune stopped working after a firmware upgrade.

Hi, I am also having the bed leveling problem since I bought the printer in December. I watched a couple of B1 reveiew youtube videos, one by ‘makers muse’, and one by ‘just vlad’. They both comment on the bed being higher in the middle. I did a test yesterday, and this is what I found. If I level the bed with the bed at printing temp of 60C, the middle is very tight with A4 paper. However, if I do the leveling with a cold bed, the middle gap is fine. It appears that the bed is warping at printing temps. If I look at photos of an Ender 3 (since I don’t have one), their aluminum beds look to be thicker than the B1. I have wasted so many hours on this problem that I am also getting truly frustrated. This printer is so awesome when it does print, but it seems to go out of adjustment far too often that it ruins the pleasure in 3D printing. Could you please try to do a cold bed leveling, and let me know if you are able to get a good leveling that way.