BLtouch Problem Ender Pro

I still cannot get my Cr touch to work. I have read all the posts I could find and tried them all I have re flashed the firmware with every version for an Ender 5pro. Nothing works. I have had another person read the instruction as I was setting up just incase I was missing something. No Go. It is still installed but disconnected. I keep checking for different thing and keep trying them out but Still No Go.

2 Likes

Hi @vernonmr

I am going to pull this out to a new thread just so different problems don’t get jumbled together.

Are you seeing any lights on the BLtouch, Red/Blue, Flashing red, Red and no blue? Just want to get a good picture of the problem.

Does the probe deploy and retract 2 times when you first power on the printer?

Probe goes up and down, lights flash, probe moves to the middle of bed probes moves to left of bed probes slams into rail stops and the stepper motor make a noise. It seemed to work one time but Z was to high reset Z then this routine started and continued every time I tried a different firmware And these firmware were all supposed to be for 4.22 board. One thing I didn’t try is the firmware for the 4.27 board. Probably screw everything up.

I brought my printer in for Jason to check… cr touch was blown and so was the motherboard!!! I got new mb and bl touch to get it going again. I was getting the same symptoms as you… Creality really fracked up the cabling and instructions.
It’s been working great since Jason has touched my printer… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Great. But From Saskatchewan to Jason is a hell of a hike. To box it up and send to Ontario is a good start on another Eryone ER20 or an FLsun with auto level. I currently have both and they work well. If something goes wrong it is usually me.

HI, @vernonmr if it’s a 4.2.2 board don’t put the 4.2.7 firmware on it, things will go horribly wrong.

so when the board moves to the middle doe it probes the bed at all or just moves to the Left?

Is the red light flashing on the BLtouch at any point in the process? you had mentioned flashing lights,

At no point should the red light flash, it should cycle on or off depending if the probe is in or out but that’s the extent. You should also see the constant blue light in the background. you didn’t mention if you can see the blue light when the red light goes out.

Gave up on the CR Touch. Installed a Micro Swiss hot end and extruder. Printed great. Now it prints up and down the purge line back and fourth and repeats I tried different STLs different slicers. Described problem with PJ and we came to conclusion motherboard failed. Ordered a 4.2.7 board. PJ flashed with lasted firmware installed it and same problem no difference. What else can it be?

Hi @vernonmr

is there any chance you can post a video of what it’s doing on boot-up as well as the start of print? Looking sometimes it’s better to see what’s going on.

What is the best way to post a video? I have one on my phone.

If you want to post it on a google drive or youtube and send us a link to it, you can e-mail me directly with it jason@3dprintingcanada.ca

Sent to your email.

I opened the gcode in notepad which I didn’t know you can do.

Hi @vernonmr

Had a look at your Gcode (thanks btw) your startup does not look out of the ordinary however I did notice you are not actually making a call to utilize the BLtouch. There is a G28 (home) but no G29 or M420 so your printer is actually not using the BLtouch at all. It’s just using BLTouch as an end stop if it’s functioning at all.

I just need you to clarify a couple of things for me;
When you power up the printer does the BLtouch deploy and retract 2 times
After it retracts does the red light stay on and steady red? (no flashing)
Does the tiny blue light within the BLtouch probe come on and stay solid?
Where do you have the BLtouch plugged in? do you use the Z-min end stop? or the 5-pin BLtouch connector?
If you are able to connect via USB cable to the printer and install Pronterface. When you are connected you can answer the following commands;
Could you post here the output of the M119 command after homing the printer?
If you enter M401 and hit enter the pin should deploy, is this correct?
If you enter M402 the pin should retract, is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Not using bl touch, disconnected.