Ender5 to 5Pro issue

Upgrading two ender 5 printers to ender 5 Pro configuration. The LCD screen quickly flashes and clicks between Information screen and other screen while heating and printing. The clicking is driving my wife to distraction! I have installed and flashed the software and all printers use the same 4.2.2 boards and proper Z lead screws. The printer prints fine, but the screen is useless. The only difference left between these printers, and my 5 pro is the power supply. The pro says 24v 14.4amp while the straight 5 has a 24v 4amp. Could this be the issue?. I don’t want to drop $200 if this will not solve the issue.

HI @Machogg

Welcome to the forum, Glad you found us. From what you are describing the power supply would not cause what you are seeing. It sounds more like an incompatibility with the control board to the screen. did you burn the firmware yourself? wondering if you may have the incorrect screen chosen in the firmware?

Just a thought, Usually the 4.2.2. boards have the ender 3V2 screen style on them not sure if they are 100% interchangeable

I can dig around a little this afternoon and see but may have to give me till the end of the day to catch up on other support tickets to give me some research time.

Hope you don’t mind.

It does sound like the firmware is the problem. As well as the Ender 5’s any of the Ender 3 series of printer “may” now come with the 4.2.2 MB according to Creality. But only the Ender 3V2 and the Ender S1 have the newer style screens.

What firmware did you use to upgrade them?

The firmware was from Creality. It worked on one slightly newer Ender 5 with only the occasional “Click”…nothing that interferes with the use of the LCD. The Oldest Ender 5 has had the worst of it. I originally tried 4.2.7 boards…but had the same problem on this printer,board worked on the other printer but did not give me the identical print density or quality so I switched to the 4.2.2 board. I had checked the LCD screen and the numbers on the PCB board are the same as the Pro model. I use these printers for the manufacture of parts that need to be somewhat interchangeable so that is why I have been fussy about consistency between models.

I used Creality’s firmware for the Ender 5 with endstops and a 4.2.2 board. The screens are the same between my 5 Pro and the two stock Ender 5 printers. One works with only the occasional click while the other clicks every 1-2 seconds. Same firmware.

If we find a solution I will post it on Creality’s form as there are several posts there with similar problems but no one has suggested anything.