Hi everyone! Need Help Please

I had a brief look. this process is called babysteps on some printers and usually you can adjust as the first layer goes down then save the setting to the EEPROM for the next time but I don’t readily see how to do it in a google search but there must be a way on your Ender 6. or like a lot of creality machines you may have to use the command line at the terminal. here is the marlin page for it. you may then have to remember what you arrive at to use as a Z-offset where you found it before so it will be a persistent change

I have a 6, and think I can help.
Select settings, then Leveling.
It will move to the center of the plate and bob up and down a few times.
This it where you do a paper test and make your final adjustment. On my machine i have to really squeeze that paper; the nozzle thunks on the bed. You will have to watch the print carefully to avoid over-doing it and scratching the bed. You have the lucky fate to do this every print until you upgrade the board to something that works properly. 3d printing Canada should stop selling this machine…
Ted

I have been all over YouTube I found 1 video and didnt see I

Thank you for responding. I have the leveling with the paper down its adjusting the z axis offset that I can’t seem to find. Any ideas?

You can’t. Or at least I have spent a lot of time trying to find a way without success. This firmware is unlike other creality machines.

To be honest, I don’t use that machine anymore because of that issue and others. Eg: will not spiralize or vase mode, again related to lack of control over z parameters.
Next time I’m at 3d Canada it will be to have them upgrade the board.

To be clear: when the machine is done the auto home while “levelling”, you will see up and down arrows to the left of the screen. This is your z axis offset, and it will work for the next print. But it does not hold, and needs to be done each and every time.

What machine are you using?

And… while printing you can also adjust the z axis on the fly, but the arrows are bafflingly laid out horizontally and can be very frusting trying to remember if left is up or down. And to be honest I forget every time.

Creality ender 6.

Are you going back to control and saving your settings after setting the Z offset?

That is not an option visable to me.

Not sure on the ender 6 if it saves settings to the sd card or the eeprom. If it is saved to the card, you have to use the same card every time.
Is there no firmware upgrade for that printer? Not a creality firmware.

There are ways to reflash as marlin, but apparently a new screen is required.
Just very frustrating.

Thanks but I am giving up, the plate is now forcing itself against the nozzle and making a grinding sound so I think I am too stupid for this hobby. Thanks for your help

Don’t give up yet. We may not be able to get you going in a day, but you will get there one way or another.

IHa! If you haven’t scratched at least two beds, you can’t be in the club.
Breaking news! Just found a firmware and screen firmware update for the 6 at this website:

I’ve downloaded the files and will install them tonight or tomorrow and get back to you guys.

Like I said, don’t give up.
Ted just may have the answer to this problem.

Now lookit what you made me do! I joined reddit. Gross.
They, of course have an ender6 group and a dude has figured it all out. All I need is a screwdriver, an SD card for the marlin firmware, and a micro SD for the screen firmware, a screwdriver to get at the screen micro SD slot, and the files from the site posted above.
Wish me luck, maybe we’ll turn these 700 dollar instant landfill POSs into useful machines.

Should be able to use the same sd card. If it is the same as the ender 3 v2 you need an 8gig card formatted at 4k. Firmware first, then the screen.