How to setup a bigtreetec skr mini v 2.0 to work on a ender 5 pro

how to setup a bigtreetec skr mini v 2.0 to work on a ender 5 pro. I don’t know how to modify marlin configuration files. I have a stock ender 5 pro without a bl touch. Also need to know how to flashthe firmware. Could some please give me so help? Thanks in advance

Dave

dI don’t know about the board but this video helped me along with the Marlin firmware and how to set up and compile it.

Glenn
Thanks for you quick response. I will try to build the configuration file. I am intimidated and would really like to get my printer working again and then learn how to build the configuration file. My printer has been down for about a month. The kids are getting restless.

Thanks again for the information.

Dave

@msgtb Let us know if you need anything, and Welcome to the Forum

download the firmware from bigtreetech @ BIGTREETECH-SKR-mini-E3/firmware/V2.0 at master · bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-mini-E3 · GitHub

If you also purchased a TFT35, download its firmware @ GitHub - bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware: support TFT35 V1.0/V1.1/V1.2/V2.0/V3.0, TFT28, TFT24 V1.1, TFT43, TFT50, TFT70

Michael
Thanks for your response. I have been to the bigtreetec github but am confused to which bin file I need to download. I have a stock ender 5 pro. I donot have a bl touch. For some reason the github seems to send me in circles. If you could help me figure the exact bin file that I need that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Dave

After download, rename it to firmware.bin and copy it to a micro-sd card. Load the card on the printer and power it on.

Michael
Thank you so much I will try to download and install the bin file on my main board. I know that I need to learn to modify and compile a configuration file but it will take me some time.
Thanks again
Dave

The only thing I miss that is not included in the supplied firmware is ‘arc support’; I have a feeling that by the time it’s included I will already have moved on to : BIGTREETECH E3 RRF V1.1 Wifi 32Bit Control Board Integrated TMC2209 wi – Biqu Equipment and abandoned Marlin in favour of RepRap and leave this ‘compiling firmware’ nonsense behind me.

Michael
Thanks again for your help. I may be following your path to RepRap. I don’t think marlin is user friendly for the user. I think it should be make easier for the user. I don’t think users should be having to compile firmware. You should be able to go to the marlin site and type in the printer model and board name and have options with checkbox options. Then the marlin site would provide the users a downloadable bin file for their printer.

Thanks again

Dave

1 Like

Michael

Does that mean that the arc welder cura slicer extension? Sorry I didn’t catch the mention of arc support the first time I read the email.

Thanks again

Dave