Incorrect temp displayed

Yeah that’s something to keep in mind for sure.
I don’t have the capital to spend on an industrial printer at the moment but if this keeps up I may not be left with much choice.

Having said that, is there a printer you would recommend that has been shown to provide consistent, reliable results?

Well no actually. There is a makerbot at work but they are having issues with it. It is being used by students so that might not be the printers fault. They managed to command a laser cutter to cut itself.

I have been looking at kits Voron and Rat Rig has a good reputation but commercially with liability insurance and OSH to worry about that is off the table. I personally wouldn’t touch anything commercially that did not expressly meet Canadian electrical code.

Creality says they meet the CSA group standard but that is an odd statement as CSA tests internationally. Why does intertec meet the standard of the competition? It is a odd misleading statement and might mean they meet Canadian codes or not at all.

As a business it is something to be very concerned about.

2 Likes

That’s great insight, thank you!
My business is just me out of my basement/garage shop so I’m not too worried about liability from that perspective.
I’ve never really had cause to consider anything at a commercial level because I’ve never had problems with my X1s until now. I’ll try and work through this layer issue and run that PID tune and go from there. If all else fails I guess I’ll be considering new machines but I sincerely hope it doesn’t get to that.
I’m hoping I’ll have time this weekend to really try and diagnose/fix the issue
I’ll post back once I’ve made any progress

Thanks again for your help
I really appreciate it

@Joshkashley
Hello Josh,

Is it possible that your .Gcode changed the PID tune on the Printers?
You said the Second printer starting having issues after printing the same Gcode.

PLease try redoing a PID tune on both.

1 Like

If that’s a thing that can happen then yes it’s possible that happened
I’m just waiting to get the time to tackle a PID tune. I’ve never done it so I’m trying to alot myself and good block of time to get it done

Thank you for your reply!!