Klipper on Ender 5 Pro

I had a sonic pad in my shopping cart but I figured I’ll give it a go one last time. Lots of youtube and reading but I got most of the config figured out. Finally got the offsets right and bed level is working now. Next on the list is the extruder setting for micro swiss ng drive… LoL… Not giving up yet

Go for it, Sounds like you are 95% of the way there

well… this was a long evening… filled with math??? seriously? I was looking for an easy way to get that magical rotation_distance until I found gear_ratio… great documentation on both but no idea if they can/should be used together… further searching got me to a calculator

rotation_distance of 8 seems to work great for NG Direct drive… but still running tests so don’t hold me to it yet…

now running pressure advance test at 100mm/s and already see that what I had configured (found on the line :rofl:) was way off…

I think a bit more tuning after this and I should be set…

If you’re going to work with 3D printers, you need to be able to do at least grade 6 math.

From what I understand 8 is the starting place for the uSwiss NG but you need to do a bit of tuning to find the exact value for your unit. It really isn’t that hard and you can use a calculator:

https://www.klipper3d.org/Rotation_Distance.html#calibrating-rotation_distance-on-extruders

Personally, I use 100mm rather than 50mm for my lead length because it doubles your accuracy.

Sorry for being harsh, but if you can’t calibrate the extruder, you’re going to find getting the right PA value, without using math, to be a real chore.

lol… you actually posted links grade 6 match curriculum?? that’s too funny AND so useful… thanks!
Anyway, after additional tuning and setting proper pressure advance, she’s printing fast and the quality is great. Pretty impressive…
btw… I think you learn about converting values in grade 4… I’m sure you’ll let me know… LoL
I didn’t see a point to calibrate since the esteps I was using didn’t need calibration so it was a matter of a simple conversation. Pressure advance on the other hand needed some maths…

Benchy test after final tuneup. I gotta say so far I’m impressed with the speed up …

1 Like