Hi, so I recently purchased a Creality Ender 3 v2 3d printer. I got assembled it and printed the test objects without an issue. I proceeded to print a filament guide and then a multi piece model of the CN tower to learn the in’s and out’s. The CN tower model is 15 pieces or so, and after about 7 pieces and the 3 test pieces to start - about 10 prints total, I have begun experiencing all sort of issues. As best as I can ascertain it seems to be bed adhesion (I think). I have tried leveling the bed again, cleaning the bed, I have upgraded the springs that level the bed. I have tried new nozzles thinking it the nozzles are the issue, I spent hours trying to get to print properly…the issue always happens right at the beginning of the print - as it is doing the base layer parts or all of it does not stick to the bed. A shape that is supposed to be round, ends up looking like a 20 sided circle, a square corner is rounded or angled, or more often it is just a birds nest of printed filament all over. After spending hours trying to get it to work, this past weekend I tried leveling the bed once more and suddenly it was printing again. I got 3 more prints out of it and then it started giving me different issues. It would put down a nice base but half way through the print would suddenly start creating a birds nest of filament.
I have looked at changing the speed of the print…but it is only at 50mm/sec, a have gotten a bl touch auto bed leveling system, but yet to install it - waiting for the weekend when I have more time, but also not sure where to get the proper firmware. A youtube video suggested that smith3d.com had a really good firmware but did not specify which one, and they offer like 4 different versions. I have also gotten an upgraded filament tube, and a new glass bed - although I have not yet installed either of these as well. I have also tried a gluestick, rubbing it on the bed, and then giving it a quick wipe to even the surface.
I can’t help but feel it all goes back to proper bed leveling, yet nothing I do seems to get it right. I am a millright by trade, I am used to dealing with fine tolerances, I even used a set of feeler gauges to get the head exactly .1mm or .004 thousandths of an inch (the thickness of a piece of paper), all to no avail. I seemed to get better results by getting it close and then just trying a print and adjusting if it screwed up, but it never lasts.
Would love some advice and suggestions.