Pc won't connect to Tevo Tarantula after firmware update

mine had the same problem with multiple brand new thermistors, how about I edit some firmware and attempt to send it to ya?

1 Like

That Sounds Really Good :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
I would Really Appreciate that.
As far as I know and see it is stock, MKS Base V1.4 if that makes a differance.
No addons yet.

I’ve Been Going AbSoFreakinLutely Nuts the last Week.

I was looking through the all of the versions I’ve downloaded, I’ve got A Lot to Learn
(Not just Editing lol):crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

I Screwed around The Last 2 days trying to load… SomeThing!!!
Tried a few others with no luck, All errors and freezing.

Every Time I tried to upload or even compile …MarlinTarantula-EasyConfig-2.0.x …
The computer (on 2 pcs, Win 10 and 7) freezes.
With or without the Uno
The pic above is the furthest it gotten.
No Idea how I did it the 1st time. With the Uno !?!?!?

I loaded… Marlin Firmware 1.1.9 Tevo trantual (this is how it was written) It worked even
though it was set for dual extruders and I had to reverse the Y motor (used another cable(
switched wires) till I knew it was good)
Then I noticed it wouldn’t heat to 210 (once it got over 200 it would fluctuate then stop), when
I lowered it to 200 it would print.

Just ordered new heaters and thermistors, Just to be sure ( I hope these are the right ones,
40w heaters (6 x20mm) and 100k thermistors)
Hopefully it’s not the board

1 Like

Yes Another question :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

I loaded Marlin Firmware 1.1.9 Tevo trantual.
If it is my board, (mks base v1.4) where in the firmware would I find where to define primary
extruder to change from E0 to E1, I assume they use different chips for control. I see where to
hook up the heater and the thermistor is A13 and would Assume E1 thermistor would be A15, it’s empty,
A14 is the bed, Unless it is changed in the firmware.

1 Like

ive been trying to figure out the same thing lol i will look and try to help

1 Like

ill work on firmware later today for ya

1 Like

1 Like

I was trying to print yesterday and even when I set the temp to 195 it had a heating failures.
Sometimes it would work but got to be more not. Didn’t get any full prints because of adhesion
problems. It’s making me think that the board is part of the problem!!! I just remembered but didn’t think to
put anything behind it, (blaming the problem on the firmware) I checked the voltage to the heater
and the voltage was dropping off even to 0 when the temp was still below 210 (the print set temp) .
I don’t know enough about how the board or firmware controls the extruder.

Temp set to 200. When the extruder Temp hits 192, extruder voltage drops to 0 voltage, across the
thermistor at plug drops to .6V (thinking this is a trigger point)

Today I tried to print so I could get some readings and it Actually started. It was set to 200, when it
hit 200 it started, I tuned it up to 210 and the temp actually hit 214 and leveled off :crazy_face::crazy_face: :crazy_face: again adhesion problems but I let it go. tried a few times again but had to bring temp down to 195 (struggling to hit 200) after print started brought it up to 210… Failure… I’m done till I get the new heaters and thermistors

OK I know enough about electronics to Make me dangerous lol

1 Like

go down until ya find thermal runaway protection. and find where it says chamber and put // in-front of it.
next go to cooler and put // in-front of it.

There is no line with chamber or cooler.

1 Like

i will copy and paste after work

1 Like

If it’s not there wouldn’t that be the same as // ?

1 Like

the // makes it mean nothing without the // it will be part of the firmware you load to the printer.

If the line isn’t even there?
This is what I have.

1 Like

I Just Noticed… … … … …Heating Failure … … … E1 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Are we Chasing the Wrong (insert Military language) Thing???
This firmware is set up for duel extruders.
I ASSumed if the 2nd wasn’t used it wouldn’t (Military language) matter.

Now I have to figure out how to disable it. I’m not ready to get a second hotend Yet

1 Like

i just saw you have the wrong firmware. did you find the jim brown firmare?

1 Like

GitHub - JimBrown/MarlinTarantula: Optimized firmware for RepRap 3D printers based on the Arduino platform. Configured for Tevo Tarantula. use this, if you need help watch the videos ive showed you (yes ik its confusing as f)

1 Like

I can’t get MarlinTarantula-EasyConfig-2.0.x to load.

Arduino freezes during compiling. I’ve tried Multiple times on 2 computers.

I’ve tried straight to the mks board and also through the Uno!!!
All the Same Result GGGRRRRRRRRRR

I’ve tried ALL Of these
Some have just the 2 configuration files and Adruino won’t open them, and I’m not sure how to
do those, unless I replace the same 2 in another Marlin file.

That’s Why I was so Happy when you said you would try to edit 1 for me.
I’ll even pay for an sdcard and postage if it’s too large to email.
And a Case of Beer, Bottle, Coffee, Tea or Whatever works for you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I tend to try one single thing at a time to eliminate as many variables as possible. Perhaps consider returning to the orginal stock ? It should determine hardware or software.

2 Likes

click on the link i posted, then lick ‘‘code’’ and thats where it will say “Download zip” and then follow the yt video.

1 Like

I tried to find it with 0 luck.
I’m just trying to find any that will load.

1 Like