Pc won't connect to Tevo Tarantula after firmware update

That’s the 1 that freezes.
I just downloaded the 1.1 version and it finishes compiling
so I’ll give it a try. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

i will see if i can send it to ya

1 Like

I’m looking through the config file in MarlinTarantula-EasyConfig-1.1.x Before in load it,

where it // for duel extruders I Assume the following lines referring to it don’t need the // before them

1 Like

leave it unless its dual

1 Like

Thought so, just wanted to make sure lol

I Hope I’m not Pissing people Off here!!!
If So… I am Very Sorry!!!

I learn better from Talking to someone (txting, msging works but painful) …Over
Reading… VERY Painful!!!

I Do Appreciate Very Very Much EveryOnes Help and Patience!!!

O…K !!!

Just loaded …MarlinTarantula-EasyConfig-1.1.x…
preheated pla (nozzle / bed), took a bit too long before starting print… Got the same error

Heating failure E1

Was the problem the duel extruder firmware?!?!?!

I’m not going to worry about this part Till it causes problems again, which I don’t
expect :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Other then that…

Made a few prints a couple with “Normal Problems” lol

1 of them is … the extruder locks up (filament locks up inside the cooling block above the
heating block (I hope I’m using the terminology…lol)at least you know what I’m talking about )

Fan settings
The reason I set regular fan speed to 1 Is when the 1st layer
covers most of the bed the filament jams up in the cooling block.

Don’t know where the connection or settings are for Fan 2

To turn on Fan 1 I go into Tune… SomeTimes I Forget to(Fan 1 If need be I’ll just hook
it straight to 12V)!!! Resulting in Again

1 Like

Well …
1st clean print without Problems
Ok second, 1st was the light mount for the tip (still have to hard wire. lol Love It)
It was small.

A few strings, Otherwise Not bad lol

Still have to figure out Fan1 and Fan 2 (Glad it’s not Thing 1 and Thing 2… lol Where were
they from???)

1 Like

do you mean the hotend fans?

there should be the fan on the hotend that turns on when you plug the printer in, and then the one that cools the part while it prints that automatically comes on while printing.

Yes

(requires 10 characters)

Top fan… on with power
Bottom hotend fan …only comes on when I tune and turn it up.
Fan 2 in bottom pic goes to 255 just as it starts to print.

Checked through both config files (.h and _adv.h) (MarlinTarantula-EasyConfig-1.1.x)
Found nothing that I Understood as to the control of 1 or 2
Not even in Ultimaker Cura 4.12.1

1 Like

it seems to be wired wrong, the top fan should come on when tuned and the bottom fan should always be on. that might be the other issue with strings and the filament problems.

1 Like

tevo

, edit that is way to small to read. I will send you a video or picture of what is done to my tarantula.

1 Like

as soon as I read that I thought the same thing, your fan on the hot end cooling tower should be on all the time unless it’s enabled under thermostat control in which case it should come on automatically after the hot end reaches say 50 Deg. you should have NO control to be able to turn this fan off.

The part cooling fan (blower fan) is the one you can adjust, ON for PLA, OFF for PETG, so on and so forth.

If your fan control is messing with the cooling tower fan it’s wired up incorrectly or the firmware is pointing to the wrong pins.

2 Likes

I printed and added the part fan and wired it direct the power supply. Haven’t added the
switch yet since I’ve only printed Pla so far.

The hot end fan use to come on automatically shortly after it started to print with the original firmware.

Fan 2 kicks in after the head zeros and just as it starts to print.

If I could find out where (I’ve looked in both the config files from line 1 to 2320 (.H)
1717 (adv.h)) it is in the firmware I would fix it.
I’ve probably Seen it… just didn’t understand it :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Hot end fan is wired to

With the firmware for your Tarantula are there a fist full of files or just the config ones.

Which firmware did you you use and did you edit it much for your Tarantula?

I Assume the fan controls lines are in the config files!

In MarlinTarantula-EasyConfig-1.1.x

In MarlinTarantula-EasyConfig-2.0.x

HI @Bill_L

Sounds like the firmware is doing what it’s supposed to just the PWM control is pointing to the wrong pin.

Check your pins file and should be able to see which 2 are inverted. Sometimes the pin numbers are written on the board in silkscreen and that just makes it easy to figure what goes where.

okay, thats all wrong, you have to have the heatsink fan (the bottom one) wired to the power supply

and put the top one on the control board where the bottom one was

I printed and added the part fan and wired it direct the power supply.

top one

1 Like