Some odd patterns on a print

Igus are likely the best especially in roller bearings. But they get quite expensive (almost 10$ each), stable and self lubricating. PC are also quite good. PC is hydroscopic and (which is what I bought) it does change under damp conditions, so far it has not effected anything and may never do so. PC is way less $$

Delrin are the common ones they are variable. I have ones that the delrin part are super loose and fall off if shaken too much. A second order from else where were much better. I’d search for a reputable brand rather than the cheapest around. (The first set I bought, cheap garbage, I should know better)

I agree with @kitedemon , If you have to take it apart just replace the set, If one is broken I would assume another is not far behind.

PC is usually the option I go for, they are tougher than the delrin and less prone to flat spots.

1 Like

What would be a reputable brand? Which PC ones do you have that you are happy with? Where did you order them from?

For the Wheel Tension i use a goldilocks method…
Too Loose: spins freely
Too Tight: Pinch wheel with fingers and try to turn, if it can’t at all
Just right: Pinch with fingers, using a good grip will spin in place.

Yes, Wheels being over tightened will cause damage to the POM (Delrin) Surface. which will cause chatter in the Print. Severely over tightened wheels will cause the bearing balls to be Pressed in the the Race and Deform the Ball cage, Causing the balls to not be “in time anymore”

Shipping Printers that are PArtially or Fully Assembled . wil cause the Shafts to bounce up and down Causing False Brinelling to the bearing races. Same as what would happen to Cars/Trucks shipped by Rail that were not Heavily strapped down!
https://www.google.com/search?q=False+Brinelling

PolyCarbonate Wheels I just buy from 3DPC:

Yes you can change bearings and reuse the outer Wheels. you need x2 per wheel.
Shielded:

Sealed:

Thanks Keith! 3DPC is out of stock on those bad boys. Any other suppliers you can recommend?

You can Try the openBuilds Store, Cost is going to be way more :frowning:

If you’re not in a hurry, that Vender’s shipment should be here in a few days, then every 2-3 weeks after that

1 Like

Not a huge hurry. Put my email in for notification when it is restocked.

@SpaceMoose

Fyi dont buy super cheap wheels from amazon. I ordered a pack of transparent pc wheels and almost all of them were cracked. They work fine, but was very disappointed. It makes me wonder about the black wheels, how often they are cracked internally?

3dPC wheels seem to be of a good quality so if you can afford the wait id say hold tight for a bit. Im sure they have some on the way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I am just going to wait for 3dpc to restock. Might as well get something I’m sure is good quality rather than rolling the dice with Amazon or Aliexpress.

1 Like