Summer 2021 Wishlist, What Products do you want to See in Store!

I’d love to see Siraya Tech resin in store!

2 Likes

I’d never heard of 3D Gloop, but I looked it up and it sounds like it may be a good idea.

1 Like

I’m really anxious to try it for its PLA smoothing ability on my Minnie model. Sanding that would be a huge PITA.

1 Like

+1 for Siraya Tech Resins!

Also, just a bigger selection of resins.
More colours, water washable, different brands, etc…

1 Like

Something people have been trying is brushing printer resin on FDM prints and curing it with a UV light. It fills in the layer lines and is easier to sand than PLA.

Might be worth a try. The 3D Gloop is inexpensive and I can use it as a PLA adhesive if it’s not great for smoothing. I’ll give that a shot first. With resin I worry about it filling in small details (though the gloop may do the same thing).

I would like to see more conversion or modification equipment/parts/kits, like Ender 3 upsizing parts (larger bed and heater, dual, tall Z-axis parts, belt tensioners, linear drive conversion, etc). Dual extruder conversions. Boards and sensors from BTT and others to help with conversion.

2 Likes

1- I wish you would carry SpiderSilk filament
2- I wish you sold filament refill packs to use with reusable spools
3- I wish for more metal plates to go with my magnetized bed (for a CR6-SE printer) so I don’t have to order in China
4- I wish for more emphasis on printers created and assembled in America and Canada (if such things exist)
5- I wish for more emphasis on products made in Canada.
6- I wish for world peace

I think I would have better luck with the first 5

4 Likes

@gondolin I second your list. 6 especially! Anyone have a genie handy?

I would second Canadian made. I usually order from filaments ca because they have far more Canadian made.

3 Likes

I’ll third (fourth? fifth?) the Canadian made request.

2 Likes

Actually, I’m going to double-back on my encouragement of purchasing Canadian made products.

If we vigorously support Canadian made products, those companies will become successful.

If those companies become successful, they’ll draw the attention of American companies.

If they get the attention of the American companies, one of them will buy the Canadian company and move the operation to the States.

So, if we want to support Canadian made anything, we have to help them be successful to a point just below the American radar.

4 Likes
  1. Spider Silk PLA is $34.99USD Is it work $45.50CAD plus shipping?
    I’ve never used it myself, please tell me about it!

2. Search: 0 results found for "nefila" – 3D Printing Canada Made in Montreal, Quebec

3. FBS system:

https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/255x245mm-wham-bam-pre-installed-flexible-build-system-for-creality-cr-6-se
Wham Bam PEX on Flexi Plate for Creality CR-6 SE

https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/255x245mm-wham-bam-pex-on-flexi-plate-for-creality-cr-6-se
Wham Bam PEI on Flexi Plate for Creality CR-6 SE

Wham Bam Powder Painted PEI Double Sided Flexi Plate for Creality CR-6 SE

1. We do Try to Support Local where we can. Getting Filament that made in Canada Seems to be Either Costly or not enough Volume available.

5)tries the same way, we can be that much closer to your world peace!!

1 Like

Siraya Tech, is Good Resins.

Did you know they are who makes PeoPoly’s Deft Resin, for them!

1 Like

first heard of spidermaker by 3d Printing Nerd on Youtube.

It is quite expensive but he claims that you have nearly invisble layers as compared to other brands. My daughter got me a roll as a chritmas present.

I can test regular and spidersilk with a print and send a picture, though I don’t know if it would be noticeable using my phone camera…

Annnnnd the Deft Resin just went into the shopping cart to try out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the heads up @Keith, I had no idea.

1 Like

If you take a photo. put a light on the print at a low angle so the shadows bring out the layer lines. That might help (if you don’t then wash it out by using a flash).

1 Like

And rember the line, “righty tighty, lefty loosy”, LOL.

Actually, that phrase is one my wife utterly depends on. The only problem with it is that it only works if you’re standing in front of the object and the object in question is facing away from you. Whereas with nozzles, we tend to stand over the print head and screw it towards us, in which case it’s “righty loosey, lefty tighty”. It totally confuses my wife if you change the orientation.

1 Like

Very True Keith! World peace is overwhelming, hard to get your head around. Just opening our eyes looking around and just trying not to make things more difficult for the people we see will go a long way.

1 Like

What about some 4/8 packs of “Swiss clips”, the clips that are a common upgrade from the standard binder clips? I can buy them on Amazon for about $20, but I’m buying 120 and I don’t need that many. If be happy paying $5 for a set and not dealing with all the extra waste.

Use case: my nozzle, with the basic ring blower, hits binder clips. I can’t even print a bed level test with binder clips at the corners or the nozzle knocks them free. So I have to print the level test by moving my clips from each corner as the print head gets close. Same with any larger prints. My understanding is the Swiss clips have much less above-bed height and would solve this problem!