House brand PETG issue?

usually… and you might even see steam if the room is dark and you shine a light in there to light it up. It could be specks of filament from a diferent colour maybe? That’s the only other thing I can think of. I’ll get black specks from running the carbon fiber and then running a lighter filament

Possible but it’s unlikely after probably 150m of the blue, and a new nozzle

yeah I see the contamination just in purging if I’m not vigilant

Fresh nozzle looking the same as previous

swapped the blue to the mega Zero

Ran the same test with green on my mega pro, bumped up the flow to 102.5 looking better…

Printing a part to test it’s look and strength on the Zero

1 Like

Looking decent when I supported everything

But

Unfortunately weak and garbage

This is Polymaker polylite PLA it’s at least twice as strong

Not sure if these links to videos will work?

So I print house brand petg only I find best setting for me are 230 nozzle and 70 bed and 40% fan, and mine always comes out mint. Also what slicer are you using?

All Pla is stronger then petg unless you use petg carbon. Petg is just more heat resistant, if you are after strong time to start printing nylon

Too hot for sure 230 is best

I just printed with year old petg house brand it still worked great

If you are after something strong, try petg carbon it’s so good

My overnight print is just ending and I have some house brand black petg for something small like that, if you have a file I can print it and see if I get the same results. none of my parts are made the way yours are… actually I also still have the clear red … looks like your blue… just red heh

Cura 4.9, 225 bed 80

PETG is stronger and more durable - from the 3DPC Canada whitepaper on filament

I’ll see if my wife can send me the .STL and I’ll post it, I’ve left for work and won’t be home for 36h +/-

Oh yeah that’s fine I just started an 18hr print and there’s another right behind it so that works.

Here is the .STL

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19DlauxRhWoWJnAAaVWR4DWbI39C0RZBA/view?usp=drivesdk

Let me know if it works

ok thanks. what settings for walls and infill were you using? I’ll run it tomorrow morning if you don’t mind waiting.

Sorry, went back and read this in the buffer.

4 walls, top/bottom/sides
20% infill
225c 80bed

I said that backward sorry guys I meant to say all petg stronger than PLA and more heat resistant, also we have a petg carbon that Prints so nice