Printing Issues

On a big print like that one in your pic where the print covers a lot of the bed and there’s a long time spent in a layer, you can watch the Z-axis parts and see if they are adjusting as it prints. on mine, I put a finger on top of the threaded rod and can feel it making corrections. I don’t know enough about your particular printer to test it by the controls but seeing it work in action is a sure sign. Does it probe the bed before it prints?

Yes it probes 9 spots.l guess l need to pay attention to it and see. I just find it weird all of a sudden it starts to print that way as you can see in the picture l posted at the beginning of this thread.

seems timely.

2 Likes

You can tell whether bed leveling is active by looking closely at the z-axis stepper (put your finger on the shaft if your machine easily permits) As it prints, you should see (/feel) it stepping to compensate for variations in the bed.
If it isn’t stepping, it’s possible that your version of Marlin is configured so that a G28 (Home) command disables mesh bed leveling. You can add a command to turn in back on by following the G28 in the file with
M420 S1

That’s what I’m having to do at the moment, since I upgraded the Ender 5 to Marlin 2.0, but apparently forgot an #ifdef or two in the source code.

2 Likes

My extrusion width settings were 0.42 and 0.45. My first layer setting was 0.42. l changed it to 200% and set the rest to 0 and l attempted to print the object l struggled to print and it came out absolutely perfect. So l believe by relevling my bed and changing those settings solved my issues.l have been printing since and all is well?.
I want to thank everyone who responded and tried to help.
This is a awesome forum.
Thanks once again :+1:

3 Likes